The Chabot PTA is a local unit of the California State PTA, which is in turn a branch of the National Congress of Parents and Teachers, also known as the National PTA. The Chabot PTA works in partnership with OUSD teachers and administrators to support the school’s educational goals through fundraising and volunteerism. The association is structured according to the Chabot PTA Bylaws, which define procedures for the election of PTA officers, the establishment of PTA committees, member voting rights, and budgeting and spending. All parents and guardians of children attending Chabot are encouraged to join the PTA at an annual cost of $5 per person, and to attend the open meetings held during the school year.
What the PTA Funds
The Chabot PTA has an annual budget of more than $280,000, most of which comes from (1) the fall annual fund drive, and (2) the spring auction. Our annual fund drive is separate from PTA membership, and we encourage all families to contribute to the annual fund if they are able. Your annual fund donations are used to help the school provide:
- Music, art, science and library for every Chabot student.
- Daily Spanish instruction for all kindergarteners.
- Technology instruction in our new media lab for all 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.
- Programs that help reduce the achievement gap, such as Fast Forward.
- Upgrades to the school site including playground enhancements like new benches and tables.
- Community-building events, including First Friday coffees and the Ice Cream Social.
2012-2013 PTA Leadership
Jennifer James Alper
Committee & Event Chairs
Scott Nelson Windels
More PTA Leadership Roles
Enrichment Advisory Committee
Ingrid Aguirre Happoldt