The Chabot PTA exists to support the school, and to fill the gap between what OUSD gives Chabot, and what it takes to run our amazing school. This year, filling this gap feels even more critical, because it will fund small group specialists, psychologists, enrichment programs, and teacher funds. In addition, we anticipate additional needs related to health, safety, and technology, where the PTA will play a leading role. But because these programs are not funded by public dollars, the PTA must fundraise. Read more about the OUSD funding formula and PTA financial resources.
- This year, the PTA will continue to support vital enrichment programs, academic excellence, and school site support with a budget of over $550,000.
- Your contributions help provide an educational experience that applies to the whole child and makes these programs (whether delivered live or in person) possible including:
- technology & media
- small group specialists who support teachers and boost impact
- special academic programming that ensures all kids reach their full potentials
- psychologist support
- teacher supplies
- This year, the Chabot PTA is committed to taking an active stance against the clear inequities that exist in our Oakland Community. To this end, we will be supporting organizations that are working to advance equity and justice within Oakland schools. Further, we will be allocating additional funds to our Equity & Inclusion Committee who will continue to think about those in the Chabot community who could use additional support (emotional, financial, and otherwise) during this period.
2 Easy Ways To Donate:
- You can use PayPal to make secure payments to the Chabot PTA. Click here to contribute online.
- Download & print the donation form in PDF format and drop off the completed form in the PTA box outside the school office (when open) or mail to Attn: Chabot PTA Annual Fund, 6686 Chabot Rd, Oakland, CA 94618. If you’d like a donation form sent to you via post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know you can you double your donation to the Annual Fund through a Corporate Matching Gift? Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations, like Chabot Elementary.
Learn more by visiting the Corporate Matching Gifts page.
Please contact Annual Fund Co-Chairs Meera Chary and Erin O’Hara at email@example.com.