Greetings Chabot Families,
I hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing and fun-filled summer! In between our vacations and family time, Chabot staff are already busy planning for an exciting 2021-22 school year. At this point, the plan is for a full scale reopening of all schools in Oakland Unified and we could not be more excited. The first day of school is AUGUST 9, 2021.
CHABOT PLAY YARDS ARE NOW OPEN DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS WHENEVER THE CAMPUS IS NOT BEING USED BY AN ORGANIZED PROGRAM.
- Between now and July 16, Camp Galileo is renting the campus every week day so ONLY the Lower Yard is available for play and only from 3:15pm until dusk
- Both Yards are open for play on all weekends unless they are being rented
- From July 16 – August 6, both Yards are open for play on weekdays from 8am-8pm
We are working on having the main gate set on a timer for easy entry to the Yards. In the meantime, the gate at the corner of Chabot and Patton will be unlocked when camp/school is not in session; from that entry point, older students and families can walk up to the Upper Yard.
In accordance with ACPH and CDC guidelines, masks for children playing outdoors are not required. However, per CDC recommendations, in areas of substantial to high transmission, people who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during activities that involve sustained close contact with other people who are not fully vaccinated.
The paperwork part of registration is now being called “Back to School Forms”! Most forms will be available online through the Aeries Parent Portal, under the Data Confirmation Tab, after July 13. Margaret will have more information about this when she returns from vacation on July 14.
YES! You still need to come to school to register. Teacher assignments will only be released once you have completed all your forms. At Chabot Registration, we will also have paper copies available as well as Chabot specific forms.
We are hosting several registration events:
- Early Bird — For anyone, Monday, August 2, 2:30-5:30pm
- For new Grade 1-5 Families ONLY — Wednesday, August 4, 5-7pm; dinner provided
- Kindergarten families only — Friday, August 6, Registration anytime between 1-2pm (will only take 15-20 minutes). Orientation from 2-3pm; in the classroom with the teacher and other families
- ANYONE — Friday, August 6, 2:30-5:30pm
- VACATIONING UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE — Monday, August 9, 7:45-8:45am
If you are unable to make any of these Registration Events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
When reviewing your information in the Data Confirmation tab, please double check that your name, address, phone number and email address have been entered correctly. Please list all parents/guardians who have educational rights. If the address is incorrect, you need to email email@example.com a picture of a bill with your new address on it, Margaret will change it for you. Please check each emergency contact, if someone is not an emergency contact anymore, please delete them. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org problems or questions.
Can’t wait to see all of you and your children in person!