Welcome! Chabot’s After-School Programs (ASP) provide enrichment classes that allow children to pursue interests or explore new activities while having fun. View schedules and class descriptions on Homeroom. ASP class schedules continue to be updated and are subject to change.
|SEASON||ENROLLMENT||CLASS DATES||SCHOLARSHIP DUE|
|FALL 2021||October 4 – 12th||Oct. 18 – Dec. 17||Closed|
In advance of enrollment, please visit Homeroom to create your family’s account. Enrollment begins at 8:00 PM and ends at 11:50PM on the dates listed in the chart above. Classes with low enrollment are subject to cancelation and refunds are issued by the vendor.
All program providers offer one full scholarship per session, awarded on a need-based honor system (limit: 1 per family/session). Need is defined as children who would otherwise not be able to afford After-School Program classes. Families who qualify for free or reduced lunch will have priority. Please only apply for classes that your child is committed to taking.
- Download and fill out the Scholarship Request Form.
- Submit your completed form to Ms. Bermeo in the Chabot office by the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Parent/Guardians receive email notification of scholarship awards a minimum of one day prior to enrollment starting.
- Parent/Guardians MUST complete the enrollment process in Homeroom by the end of the enrollment period.
For questions about scholarships, please contact Celia Bermeo at email@example.com or (510) 654-4884.
ASP classes are run and taught by independent vendors. ASP vendors are not affiliated with Chabot Elementary, Adventure Time, or other childcare services. In accordance with the California Education Code, OUSD recognizes that our site-based vendors have completed all compliance requirements for the current school year. Chabot ASP selects only vendors that meet all OUSD requirements or are pending in their approval process. See OUSD Approved Partners List for more information.
For classes starting immediately after school:
ASP instructors meet Kindergartners in the Kindergarten yard near the sandbox and escort them to their ASP class. Students in grades 1-5 walk independently to their ASP class.
For classes starting more than 10 minutes after the school day ends:
Parents or guardians are responsible for providing Adventure Time extended care or adult supervision for your child before an ASP begins and after it ends.
Pick-up from ASP classes:
Neither Chabot Elementary nor Adventure Time is responsible for a child’s whereabouts once the school day has ended. At the conclusion of each ASP class, instructors will release students to a parent, guardian, or authorized adult unless the child is enrolled in Adventure Time.
To ensure the success and continuation of the After-School Program, please observe the following:
- Parents, guardians, or authorized adults must be prompt in picking up children from After-School classes. Repeated tardiness may result in being dropped from the ASP class and the loss of a scholarship.
- Make sure that providers have accurate emergency contact information on your Homeroom profile. In the event an ASP class is canceled due to weather or teacher illness, instructors will contact parents directly. Instructors should also call parents if an enrolled student is not present.
- Please familiarize your child/children with the time and place of their ASP class(es).
- For parents of children not enrolled in Adventure Time, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY (not that of the Chabot office or AT) to supervise your child before the start of class or after class ends.
- Please inform your child’s instructor directly if your child is absent from school or will be leaving school early and not attending class. Accounting for absent students takes up time, detracts from valuable class activities, and is unfair to other students.
- Specific After-School Program class questions > Contact the program vendors directly.
- Homeroom questions > Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- General questions about Chabot’s ASP > Contact the After-School Program committee at email@example.com.
Kerrie Lenhart Hogan, Cara Longpre, and Tiffany Chan | Chabot After-School Program Co-Chairs