Winter 2018-19 Session
Chabot’s After-School Programs provide enrichment classes that allow children to pursue interests or explore new activities while having fun. View schedules and class descriptions on Homeroom
Spring session classes run from March 4th through May 24th.*
Spring 2019 ENROLLMENT: 2/18 – 2/27
Spring 2019 SESSION: 3/24 – 5/24*
No After-School Program classes:
3/15-3/22 Teacher Conferences
3/25-4/1 Spring Break & Cesar Chavez Day
5/16 Open House/Art Show
* Spring session start date may be delayed depending on OUSD teacher strike
All program providers offer one full scholarship per session, awarded on a need-based honor system (limit: 1 per family/session). Need is defined as children who would otherwise not be able to afford After-School Program classes. Families who qualify for free or reduced lunch will have priority. Please only apply for classes that your child is committed to taking.
To apply for a scholarship:
Download the Scholarship Request Form. Fill it out and submit it to Ms. Bermeo in the Chabot office by February 22nd. Parents will be notified via email of scholarship awards by Wednesday, February 27th.
For questions about scholarships, please contact Celia Bermeo at email@example.com or (510) 654-4884
After-School Program classes are taught by independent vendors. These vendors are not affiliated with Adventure Time, Chabot, or other childcare services. In accordance with the California Education Code, OUSD recognizes that our site-based vendors have completed all compliance requirements for the current school year. See OUSD Approved Partners List for more information.
Protocol for ASP drop-off and pick-up:
For classes starting immediately after school:
ASP vendors meet Kindergartners in the Kindergarten yard if the class starts immediately after school. Students in Grades 1-5 walk independently to their After-School class.
For classes starting more than 10 minutes after the end of the school day: The parent or guardian is responsible for ensuring that the student is either enrolled in Adventure Time or supervised by an adult between the end of school and the beginning of the ASP class.
Pick-up from After-School Programs:
Chabot Elementary nor Adventure Time is responsible for a child’s whereabouts once the school day has ended.
• At the conclusion of each After-School class, vendors will release students of all grade levels to a parent, guardian, or authorized adult (unless the child is enrolled in Adventure Time.)
• Parents, guardians, or authorized adults must be prompt in picking up children from After-School classes. Repeated tardiness may result in your child being dropped from the class or the loss of a scholarship.
To ensure the success and continuation of the After-School Program, please observe the following:
• Make sure that providers have accurate emergency contact information on your Homeroom profile. Vendors will contact parents directly if the class is canceled due to weather or teacher illness. Vendors should also call parents if an enrolled student is not present.
• Classes with low enrollment may be canceled and your money returned by the vendor.
• Please familiarize your child/children with the time and place of their ASP class(es).
• If your child is not enrolled in Adventure Time, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY(not that of the Chabot office or AT) to supervise your child before the start class or after a class ends.
• Please inform your child’s provider directly if your child is absent from school or will be leaving school early and not attending class. Accounting for absent students takes up time, detracts from valuable class activities, and is unfair to other students.
If you have questions about a specific After-School Program class, please contact the program vendors directly. If you have general questions about Chabot’s ASP, please contact the After-School Program committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prisca Ekkens & Janet Clark | Chabot After-School Program Co-Chairs