Oakland Teachers have announced that they will go on strike this Thursday, February 21 if no agreement is reached by then.
Chabot Elementary will remain open during a strike with the following changes:
- On Thursday, February 21, any students attending school should report to the Multi Purpose Room – except those in Ms. Hughes’ SDC Class who should report to their regular classroom
- In order to ensure student and campus safety with less than usual adults, all gates will remain locked all day – all students and staff need to enter through the Main Gate, between the Office and Library
- All absences will be considered unexcused unless you provide a doctor’s note or other documentation to excuse
- There is no need to call or email in your student’s strike related absences
- There will be no Drop Off Zone during the strike; we strongly encourage you to park and bring your child onto campus.
- There will be no Enrichment classes before or after school during the Strike; this means that HW Club, I-Ready, PTA sponsored after school classes and before school Spanish are all cancelled.
- AT is open during its normal before and after school hours. There is no need to notify them in advance but parents must escort children into the building and sign them in. No drop offs please.
Here are some helpful links: