Congrats to the winners of this year’s Science Fair! One winning project from each grade level is nominated to represent Chabot students at the OUSD Science Fair 2018-19, to showcase the amazing work Chabot students are doing.
We are all so proud of the quality of everyone’s work this year!
Kindergarten Winner: Understanding Gravity by K. Wakelin
Honorable Mention: How Do Plants Drink? K. Jackson
1st grade Winner: Which Shape of Ice Melts Faster? C. Feathers
Honorable Mentions: Tsunamis by Alex Lopez; What Solutions Keep Flowers Fresh the Longest? by A. R. Kollhoff
2nd grade Winner: How The Brain Feels; The Toothpick Poking Experiment by O. Coffin
Honorable Mentions: Which Bridges by Robby Kato; How Forest Fires Cause Landslides by A. Simu
3rd grade Winner: Can We Test The Magnetic Force and Field? Ms. Diamond’s class
Honorable Mention: Helium Gravity by Mr. Agajan’s class
4th grade Winner: Salt Tolerance of a Bush Bean by Dresden, Sydney A, Emerson, Annie
Honorable Mention: Up, Up, and Away by A. Shulman and I. Dreyfus
5th grade Winner: Churning Butter by J. Mongue, E. Faacher, S. Pearson
Honorable Mention: Dying with Plants and Metals by M. Baum
Sign up for Chabot Auction Parties to keep the fun going, and support Chabot Elementary! Spots are still available. For full descriptions, and to buy tickets, go to the Auction Parties page.
Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:30pm-9:30pm — MURDER IN SIN CITY: 10 spots left @ $65 per person
Sunday, April 14, 2019 12pm — LEARN TO BREW YOUR OWN BEER: 8 spots left @ $100
Saturday, April 20, 2019 6pm-9pm — WHISKEY-A-GOA-GOA: 5 spots left @ $45
Saturday, April 27, 2019 3pm-6pm — THE GREAT CHABOT BAKE OFF COMPETITION: 8 spots left at $40 (Baking contestants), 9 spots left at $75 (Tasters click below)
Sunday, April 28, 2019 10:30am — INDIAN HOLI PARTY: FESTIVAL OF COLORS: $60 per family (up to 6 people)- only 2 family spots left!
Friday, May 3, 2019 7:30pm-9:30pm — WINE PAIRING SOIREE: 8 spots left @ $55
Saturday, May 4, 2019 10am-12pm — SCAVENGER HUNT FUN RUN: Team/family of 4 tickets @ $100- 5 team ticket left!
Sunday, May 5, 2019 1:15pm — PILATES & PROSECCO: 13 spots left @ $40
Oakland Teachers have announced that they will go on strike this Thursday, February 21 if no agreement is reached by then.
Chabot Elementary will remain open during a strike with the following changes:
- On Thursday, February 21, any students attending school should report to the Multi Purpose Room – except those in Ms. Hughes’ SDC Class who should report to their regular classroom
- In order to ensure student and campus safety with less than usual adults, all gates will remain locked all day – all students and staff need to enter through the Main Gate, between the Office and Library
- All absences will be considered unexcused unless you provide a doctor’s note or other documentation to excuse
- There is no need to call or email in your student’s strike related absences
- There will be no Drop Off Zone during the strike; we strongly encourage you to park and bring your child onto campus.
- There will be no Enrichment classes before or after school during the Strike; this means that HW Club, I-Ready, PTA sponsored after school classes and before school Spanish are all cancelled.
- AT is open during its normal before and after school hours. There is no need to notify them in advance but parents must escort children into the building and sign them in. No drop offs please.
Here are some helpful links: