Your PTA needs you! We are seeking nominees for the 2019-20 PTA Board.
Join the PTA Board and help shape our kids’ Chabot experience! A key goal is for the Board to reflect the full diversity of the school community.
The Board has a few categories of volunteers: elected officers and standing committee chairs along with some other leadership opportunities. We need to identify nominees by February 5, so don’t wait to step up. In March, the PTA will elect a new slate of officers. Here are the open positions. Current position holders are happy to talk with anyone about what their roles entail in more detail.
Open Elected Positions:
- President – coordinates the work of officers and committees of the association; presides over PTA meetings; and liaises with school administration
- VP of Enrichment Programs – sets goals for and guides the enrichment program for the PTA and chairs the Enrichment Advisory Committee
- VP of Communications – sets communications goals, coordinates communications activities including social media, and recruits leaders for key communications functions undertaken by the PTA.
- VP Fundraising – sets fundraising goals, organizes and implements all fundraising activities, and helps recruit chairs for PTA fundraising events.
- Secretary – takes minutes at all board and association meetings (1-2 evening meetings/month) and keeps accurate records of these proceedings.
- Treasurer – keeps permanent books of account and records; leads budget process and prepares the budget for adoption; deposits money in the bank; prepares all required authorizations for payment; pays bills; submits required forms, and presents a treasurer’s report at the association and board meetings.
- Auditor – prepares and presents a year-end audit and an end-of-term audit; verifies all required report forms have been completed and filed by the due date.
- Historian – act as the custodian of pertinent records and documents the Chabot community primarily through photography.
Open Standing Committee Roles:
- After School Program (ASP) Co-Chair
- Annual Fund/Membership Co-Chair
- Art Co-Chair
- Library Co-Chair
- Music Co-Chair
- Room Parent Committee Coordinator
- Science Co-Chair
- Technology Co-Chair
- Volunteer Coordinator Co-Chair
If you are interested in finding out more about these positions, being nominated, or exploring a standing committee leadership role or other leadership opportunities like Sponsorship, Kids’ Night Out, Free Money for Chabot, or Carnival Co-Chair, please contact the nomination committee.