Chabot’s After-School Programs provide enrichment classes that allow children to pursue interests or explore new activities while having fun.
Fall 2016 Session
With more than 30 enrichment classes offered each session, there’s sure to be something for everyone! Here’s a small sampling of what’s new or returning for Fall:
- Class descriptions coming soon!
Open the Fall 2016 Catalog to find the perfect fit for your child.
Open the Fall 2016 Schedule for the weekly overview of classes.
FALL ENROLLMENT: Tuesday, September 6 – Wednesday, September 21
FALL SESSION: Monday, September 19 – Friday, December 9
No After-School Program classes on:
- Friday, September 30 – Friday, October 7 (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Friday, October 14 (Professional Development Day)
- Friday, November 11 (Veteran’s Day)
- Monday, November 21 – Friday November 25 (Thanksgiving Break)
Some classes differ from the above stated schedule. Please read the catalog carefully!
Many providers accept registrations on a first-come, first-served basis, while popular classes may hold a lottery. All program providers manage their own enrollment; so please forward all enrollment paperwork (including parental waivers if necessary) directly to the providers. The catalog lists the provider’s preferred enrollment method; please read their instructions.
Download Generic Enrollment Form Hard copies are also available in the office.
If you are signing up for the following classes, complete this form and submit it to the instructor the first day of class:
- Making Art Like the Artists (Ms. Diamond)
- Musical Theater (Cheryl Aguilar)
- Basketball (Coach Jason)
- Skateboarding (Coach Matt Mercer)
Download Waiver Form Hard copies are also available in the office.
All program providers offer one full scholarship per session, awarded on a need-based honor system (limit: 1 per family/session). Need is defined as children who would otherwise not be able to afford After-School Program classes, but for scholarships. Families who qualify for free or reduced lunch will have priority. Please only apply for classes that your child is committed to taking.
To apply for a scholarship:
Download the Scholarship Request Form Fill it out and submit it to the Chabot office by Friday, September 9th. (Do not submit an Enrollment form to the providers.) Parents will be notified of scholarship awards by Wednesday, September 14th.
For questions about scholarships, please contact Celia Bermeo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 654-4884.
After-School Programs classes are taught by independent program providers. They are not affiliated with Adventure Time, Chabot, or other childcare services.
Protocol for ASP drop-off and pick-up:
For classes starting immediately after school: Providers meet Kindergartners in the Kindergarten yard if the class starts immediately after school. Students in Grades 1-5 walk independently to their After-School class.
For classes starting more than 10 minutes after the end of the school day: The parent or guardian is responsible for ensuring that the student is either enrolled in Adventure Time or supervised by an adult between the end of school and the beginning of the ASP class.
Pick-up from After-School Programs: Neither the school nor Adventure Time is responsible for a child’s whereabouts once the school day has ended.
- Only students enrolled in AT will be escorted to AT after class.
- At the conclusion of each After-School class, providers must release students of all grade levels to a parent, guardian, or authorized adult (unless the child is enrolled in Adventure Time.)
- Parents, guardians, or authorized adults must be prompt in picking up children from After-School classes. Repeated tardiness may result in your child being dropped from class or the loss of your scholarship.
To ensure the success and continuation of the After-School Programs, please observe the following:
- Make sure that providers have accurate emergency contact information. Providers will contact parents directly if class is cancelled due to weather or teacher illness. Providers should also call parents if an enrolled student is not present.
- Classes with low enrollment may be cancelled and your money returned by the instructor.
- Please ensure your child knows the time and place of their After-School class.
- If your child is not enrolled in Adventure Time, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY (not that of the Chabot office or AT) to supervise your child before the start of class.
- Please inform your child’s provider directly if your child is absent from school or will be leaving school early and not attending class. Accounting for absent students takes up time, detracts from valuable class activities, and is unfair to other students.
If you have questions about a specific After-School class, please contact the program providers directly. If you have general questions about Chabot’s After-School Programs, please contact the After-School Programs committee (Joyce Wu & Isabel Herman) at email@example.com.