Think eBay but much, much better… every item was procured specifically for the benefit of Chabot Elementary! If you’ve already been scoping out the Online Auction Catalog, then you know we have over 500 terrific items—with something for every budget—awaiting you! Many items start as low as $1! Bidding in the online auction ends at 10 p.m. on Thursday, March 7.
First time, we are offering a small selection of fixed-price parties for you to purchase. Why wait? Score your party tickets now so you can focus on bidding for the rest of the parties, classroom donations, and other goodies at the gala!
Here are some tips and strategies to make the Online Auction a success for both you and Chabot:
- Create an account: You will need to create a login ID and password with ReadySetAuction in order to place a bid.
- Know the bidding rules: Make sure to read and understand the rules for Chabot’s Online Auction before you place a bid.
- Form alliances: Teacher and staff donations typically involve an outing for a child and a friend, and are among the most competitive items in the auction. Check to see how many kids your teacher is hosting, then team up with the appropriate number of parents who will split the cost of bidding with you!
- Use your Maximum Bid: A maximum bid is the highest amount you are willing to pay for the item. The higher your max bid, the better your chances of winning the item.
- Invite family and friends to bid: Not only do we have gift certificates from retailers that can be used across the country, we have lots of items that grandparents can buy for your children or gift cards that friends can buy to use locally. The Chabot Auction is open to all… what better way to invite the support of the greater Chabot community?
- Shop early for Father’s Day or the next birthday: We’ve got lots of great ideas for gifts… There’s something for everyone!
Buy Your Gala Tickets: This is our biggest fundraising event of the year, and we want you to be there! Buy your tickets in advance for $40; tickets will be $50 at the door. Prices are per person.